This page covers the registration process to access instruments in the School of Biosciences Node of the Biological Optical Microscopy Platform. These instruments include the Nikon A1R, Nikon C2+ and Nikon Spinning disk.
You are required to complete all of the below sections BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
If you have any questions then please email
BSC Registration, OHS documentation & Training documents
Please read the below information, download and fill in the relevant forms. You are required to provide the below forms/info BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
User Agreement Form (UA Form)
You will need to complete the Biosciences Microscopy Unit User Agreement form.
University of Melbourne researchers are required to provide a default Themis code for billing. External researchers are required to provide invoicing address & details.
You will need to submit an electronic copy (e.g. scanned or with electronic signature) of this form at the end of this page
Booking System Registration
Register for the booking system via this link and request access to the instrument. Further instructions are provided with the training documentation.
All researchers should complete the following ahead of booking in a training session.
1) Standard Operating Procedure: Please read and sign to confirm on the Individual Training Record
2) Risk Assessment: Please read and sign to confirm on the Individual Training Record
3) Local Induction: Please read the local induction document
4) Individual training record: Please complete the individual training record form.
5) Competency Assessment: Please read the training documentation (as well as the SOP), complete the online competency and sign to confirm on the Individual Training Record.
You are required to get 100% to pass the assessment. You will need to click on the "View my score" option at the end of the quiz to see your score and you can use the "edit my responses" option to correct any incorrect answers.
Documentation Nikon A1R Nikon C2+ Standard Operating Procedure Link to all Link to all Risk Assessment Local Induction Individual training record Training Documents Competency Assessment Link Link
You are required to declare that you have read these documents at the end of this page.
You will need to submit an electronic copy (e.g. scanned or with electronic signature) of the individual training record form at the end of this page.
Please take a screen grab of your 100% score and submit this below
OGTR PC2 Behavioural Requirement
This section is required for all researchers working within a PC2 lab (regardless of whether you are using PC2 certified samples or not).
All researchers are required to fill in the below items on the Individual Training Record:
1) Guidelines for certification of a PC2 laboratory
2) Guidelines for the transport, storage and Disposal of GMOs
3) Biohazard Laboratory Practice Training
Any researchers wishing to perform work under an NLDR (Notifiable Low Risk Dealing) should also complete the below items:
4) Provision of SOP & RA for work being performed in the facility
5) Facility added to NLRD
6) OGTR certification & NLRD number