Please read the below terms and conditions and complete the relevant user agreement form at the back of this document.
- Only platform staff are to train researchers to use Bio21 AMF instruments.
- Researchers will be provided with training documentation and are required to complete an online competency assessment (ammrf.org.au/myscope/) myscope before they can book in a face-to-face training session.
- Face-to-Face training usually consists of a two-hour induction. Platform staff retain the right to require researchers to undergo further training if deemed necessary.
Equipment and Laboratory Usage
- The Facility is not a storage area, unlabelled samples will be discarded without notice. if you want to store your equipment or samples ask the relevant unit staff.
- Any damage to a piece of equipmetn resulting from misuse or operator error will be charged back to the research group to which the researcher belongs (eg. damage to a pole piece of an SEM $65,000).
- Microscope computers and support computer are not to be modified in any way (installing software, changing settings ...).
- Any cancellation is to be done at least 24h before the scheduled booking start. Failure to do so may incure full charges.
Access and After Hours Usage
- After hours use is only permitted after consultation with the relevant equipment staff and ONLY when not working alone. Please refer to the training files provided.
- The Bio21 AMF is a OGTR PC2 certified facility, it is a requirement to follow the OGTR guideline and area specific EHS regulations. Please fill the following form.
- Access cards must never be handed on to a third party.
Data Management Policy
- Images and data obtained on Bio21 AMF instruments remain the property of the researcher who acquired the data.
- The researcher is responsible for the archiving of these files. We suggest that this is performed immediately at the end of your session. Please allocate time for this within your booking.
- Under no circumstances are Unit staff responsible for any lost data.
- The platform should be acknowledged in any research output (e.g. publication, presentation and poster) that arises from data generated on Bio21 AMF instruments.
- Assisted use sessions are performed on a fee for service or collaborative basis. Any ouput that include data produced on a collaborative basis should include the relevant platform staff as a coauthor. The decision to undertake a standard fee for service or collaborative wrok should be discussed prior to the work starting. Platform staff should be considered for co-authorship if they have contributed significant technical, scientific or intellectual input to a study.
- Researchers MUST notify the platform of any research output (e.g. publications, presentations and posters) that arise from use of Bio21 AMF instruments
|Assoc. Prof Eric Hanssen|
Structural and Cell Biology
|Dr Sergey Rubanov||Material firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Andrew Leis||Structural Biologyemail@example.com|
|Dr Paul Mcmillan (BOMP)||Fluorescence firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Roger Curtain||SEM and email@example.com|
|Mr Zlatan Trifunovic||Biological sample firstname.lastname@example.org|
Before you accept the terms and condition make sure you the following document ready:
- Signed OGTR behavioural training form
- MyScope online training and printed the certificate of completion
|I ACCEPT the terms and condition of the Bio21 AMF|