Please read the below terms and conditions and complete the relevant user agreement form at the back of this document.
- Only platform staff are to train researchers to use the Ian Holmes Imaging Centre (IHIC) instruments unless agreed and documented with the IHIC staff responsible for the equipment.
- Researchers will be provided with training documentation and are required to complete an online competency assessment (ammrf.org.au/myscope/) before they can book in a face-to-face training session.
- Face-to-Face training usually consists of a two-hour induction. Platform staff retain the right to require researchers to undergo further training if deemed necessary.
Equipment and Laboratory Usage
- The Facility is not a storage area. Please do not leave your equipment and samples in the facility. Unlabelled samples will be discarded without notice. If you want to store your equipment or samples ask the relevant unit staff.
- The cryo storage is for use by facility staff only. Please arrange for off site storage of your samples.
- Waste containing users sample should not be discarded in the facility but brought back to the department of origin and discarded properly.
- Any damage to a piece of equipment resulting from misuse or operator error will be charged back to the research group to which the researcher belongs (eg. damage to a pole piece of an SEM $65,000).
- Microscope computers and support computers are not to be modified in any way (installing software, changing settings ...) and are only to be used for image acquisition/analysis. Use your own laptop if you want to browse the internet, check your email ...
- Any cancellation is to be done at least 24h before the scheduled booking start. Failure to do so may incur full charges.
- User should bring their own tools and consumables (some consumables are available at IHIC, user shoudl discuss this with staff prior to booking)
Access and After Hours Usage
- The Bio21 IHIC is a OGTR PC2 certified facility, it is a requirement to follow the OGTR guideline and area specific EHS regulations. Please fill the following form.
- After hours use is only permitted after consultation with the relevant equipment staff and ONLY when not working alone. Please refer to the training files provided.
- Personal items (bags, coats ... ) should be left in the lockers provided outside the facility.
- Lockers are for temporary storage of personal items while working in the facility. they should not be used as a long term solution and will be emptied periodically
- The IHIC is not responsible for any theft or loss while using the lockers.
- Access cards must never be handed on to a third party.
Data Management Policy
- Images and data obtained on Ian Holmes Imaging Centre instruments remain the property of the researcher who acquired the data.
- The researcher is responsible for the archiving of these files. We suggest that this is performed immediately at the end of your session. Please allocate time for this within your booking.
- Under no circumstances are IHIC staff responsible for any loss of data.
- The platform should be acknowledged in any research output (e.g. publication, presentation and poster) that arises from data generated on IHIC instruments.
- Assisted use sessions are performed on a fee for service or collaborative basis. Any output that include data produced on a collaborative basis should include the relevant platform staff as a coauthor. The decision to undertake a standard fee for service or collaborative work should be discussed prior to the work starting. Platform staff should be considered for co-authorship if they have contributed significant technical, scientific or intellectual input to a study.
- In order to be funded one of our KPI is research output resulting form the use of the IHIC. hence researchers MUST notify the platform of any research output (e.g. publications, presentations and posters) that arise from use of IHIC instruments
|Assoc. Prof Eric Hanssen||Head, Structural and Cell Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assoc. Prof Sergey Rubanov||Material email@example.com|
|Dr Andrew Leis||Structural Biologyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Hamish Brown||Structural Biologyemail@example.com|
|Mr Roger Curtain||SEM and firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr Zlatan Trifunovic||Biological sample email@example.com|
Before you accept the terms and condition make sure you the following document ready:
- Signed OGTR behavioural training form
- MyScope online training and printed the certificate of completion
|I ACCEPT the terms and condition of the Bio21 AMF|