FIJI (Image J) workshops for researchers that want to visualise their images, extract quantitative data from then and learn how to automate their analyses
FIJI (Image J) is an open source software package for visualising and quantifying digital images.
We are running our popular FIJI workshop series again in October. The workshops consist of a short introductory presentation followed followed by hands-on demonstrations in a computer lab.
See table below for dates/times and registration links:
|FIJI for Beginners||25th October 2018||9 - 12pm||Registration closed|
|FIJI for Quantification||25th October 2018||1 - 5pm||Registration closed|
|FIJI: Macro writing for Biologists||7th & 9th November 2018||9 - 1pm||Registration closed|
FIJI for Beginners:
- Image import
- Image manipulation (merging, pseudocolouring)
- Annotation (adding scale bars)
- Visualisation & presentation of 3D and timelapse data
FIJI for Quantification:
- Image thresholding
- Area & intensity analysis
- Cell Counting
- Cell Segmentation
- Simple Batch Analyses
FIJI: Macro Writing for Biologists: Only regular users of FIJI or researchers with coding experience should attend
- Basics of FIJI/ImageJ Macro language
- Batch processing using loops and conditions
- Data handling using array and table
- Optimising Macros using user-defined functions with relevant examples.
Please follow this link to all our FIJI workshop content, including presentations, demo images and short instructional videos.