The Biological Optical Microscopy Platform (BOMP) makes state-of-the art fluorescence microscopy equipment available to the students and staff of the University of Melbourne, as well as the wider community.
We provide access to a number of applications including confocal microscopy, live cell imaging, high-content screening, laser microdissestion, 2-photon microscopy, lightsheet microscopy and super-resolution microscopy.
We combine the high-end optical microscopy instrumentation of the Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute, the School of Biosciences and the Departments of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medicine (Royal Melbourne Hospital), Medicine (Eastern Hill Precinct), Physiology, and Microbiology and Immunology.
This webpage covers the following items:
- Instruments available to researchers (with each instruments specification, booking calendar and charging structures)
- The applications possible of the equipment
- How new users can register and receive training
- What services the platform can provide to assist you in your research
- Online resources (including online learning websites and BOMP workshop/seminar content)
- FIJI resources (an online repository of content from our popular FIJI/Image J training workshops)
- Details on the platforms staff members and how to contact them