This page covers the registration process to access instruments in the School of Biosciences Node of the Biological Optical Microscopy Platform. These instruments include the:
- Nikon A1R confocal microscope
- Nikon C2 confocal microscope
OHS requirement & Training documents
Please read the below information, download and fill in the relevant forms. You are required to provide the below forms/info BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
Please read the Local Area Safety Document which applies for both instruments.
- Nikon A1R :Biosciences 4 (Building 147), room 330
- Nikon C2 : Biosciences 2 (Building 122), room 138
You are required to declare that you have read the document during submission.
All researchers are required to declare OGTR Behavioural training during submission.
- Read Guidelines for certification of a PC2 laboratory (Version 3.2; 1/3/2013)
- Read Guidelines for the Transport; Storage and Disposal of GMOs (Version 1.1; 2/6/2011)
- Biosafety Induction Online Training (via TrainME)
Researchers planning to bring viable GMO or pathogenic samples (Risk Group 2 which fall under a NLRD agreement) should also
- Complete OGTR training ("Gene Technology Requirements" session run by OREI)
All researchers will need to complete the user agreement form. University of Melbourne researchers are required to provide a default Themis code for billing. External researchers are required to provide a Purchase Order number or invoice contact and address.
You will need to submit an electronic copy of this form.
1. Training Documentation:
Read the relevant training documentation (Instrument instructions, SOP, RA), which is available from the table below. You are required to to declare that you have read the SOP & RA during submission.
Complete the relevant pre-assessment. You can find the answers from the Instrument instructions. You are required to get 100% to pass the assessment. You will need to click on the "View my score" option at the end of the quiz to see your score and you can use the "edit my responses" option to correct any incorrect answers. Please take a screen grab of your 100% score for submission.
Register for the booking system. Instruction can be found in this link