This page covers the registration process to access instruments in the Medical Building Node of the Biological Optical Microscopy Platform. These instruments include the:
- Zeiss LSM900 Airyscan2
- Zeiss LSM880 Airyscan Fast
- Zeiss LSM800 Airyscan
- Operetta High Content Imager
- UltraMicroscope II Lightsheet Microscope
- PALM Laser Micro dissecting Microscope
OHS requirement & Training documents
Please read the below information, download and fill in the relevant forms. You are required to provide the below forms/info BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
All researchers performing independent work within the medical building are required to have a building safety induction.
- Please fill in the Medical Building Induction Enrolment form
- Send it to email@example.com to arrange an induction if you haven't already had one.
This process will take a few days, so get started well before you want to submit your registration. You are required to declare that you have completed building induction during submission.
Please note that Building access request form will be signed by BOMP staff AFTER instrument training is completed.
Researchers planning to bring viable GMO or pathogenic samples (Risk Group 2 which fall under a NLRD agreement) should also
- Add BOMP facility (Cert-4411, Room N814/N815, Medical building) to their NLRD by emailing Lynda Boldt or the biorisk management team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon receiving confirmation, provide email evidence to BOMP.
- Provide the date that they have attended an "Complying with Gene Technology Requirements" session run by OREI.
- Read and complete SOP/RA#8 covering GMO/RG2 sample transport and decontamination of spills and provide to BOMP.
All researchers will need to complete the user agreement form. University of Melbourne researchers are required to provide a default Themis code for billing. External researchers are required to provide a Purchase Order number or invoice contact and address.
You will need to submit an electronic copy of this form.
1. Training Documentation:
Read the relevant training documentation (Instrument instructions, SOP, RA) and watch the relevant training video, which is available from the table below. You are required to to declare that you have read the SOP & RA during submission.
Complete the relevant pre-assessment. You can find the answers from the Instrument instructions. You are required to get 100% to pass the assessment. You will need to click on the "View my score" option at the end of the quiz to see your score and you can use the "edit my responses" option to correct any incorrect answers. Please take a screen grab of your 100% score for submission.
|Instrument||Training documents||Training Video||Pre-assessment|
|PALM Laser Microdissection||Link||-||-|
Register for the booking system. Instruction can be found in this link