This page covers the registration process to access the confocal microscopes in the Microbiology & Immunology node of the Biological Optical Microscopy Platform. These instruments include the:
- Zeiss LSM700
- Zeiss LSM780
- Zeiss LSM710 NLO Multi-photon
- Olympus FVMPERS Multi-photon
Those wishing to access the Multi-photon microscopes (Zeiss LSM710 NLO & Olympus FVMPERS) should contact BOMP directly via email@example.com
You are required to complete all of the below sections BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction on the confocal microscopes.
If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DMI registration, OHS inductions & Training documents
Please read the below information, download and fill in the relevant forms. You are required to provide the below forms/info BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
Institute & Department Inductions
All researchers performing work within the Department of Microbiology & Immunology are required to have an Institute safety induction and a Departmental induction. In order to book this in, please fill in and submit this form.
You will NOT be given access to the labs without these inductions.
You are required to declare that you have done this training at the end of this page
User Agreement Form (UA Form)
All researchers will need to complete the user agreement form. University of Melbourne researchers are required to provide a default Themis code for billing.
Researchers from the Department of Microbiology & Immunology are required to provide a Themis code, but will not be charged for confocal usage.
External researchers are required to provide a Purchase Order number or invoice contact and address.
You will need to submit an electronic copy (e.g. scanned or with electronic signature) of this form at the end of this page.
SOP & RA
Please read the relevant Standard Operating Procedure & Risk Assessments provided below. You will require access to the Doherty Institute Intranet to access these files.
Standard Operating Procedure: Included in training documentation
Risk Assessment: Access Doherty Risk Register here and search for "microscope"
You are required to declare that you have read these documents at the end of this page
Before booking in an instrument induction, you will need to complete the following steps:
1) Training Documentation: Read the training documentation (Download here)
2) Competency Assessment: Complete the online Competency Assessment. You are required to get 100% to pass the assessment. You will need to click on the "view my score" option at the end of the quiz to see your score and you can use the "edit my responses" option to correct any incorrect answers.
Please take a screen grab of your 100% score and submit this below
3) Online Booking System: Register for the booking system via this link and request access to the instrument. Further instructions are provided with the training documentation.