This page covers the registration process to access the UltraMicroscope II Lightsheet Microscope in the Department of Physiology Node of the Biological Optical Microscopy Platform.
You are required to complete all building inductions & documentation BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. PHY registration & OHS documentation
Please read the below information, download and fill in the relevant forms. You are required to provide the below forms/info BEFORE you can book in an instrument induction.
Medical Building Induction
All researchers performing work within the medical building are required to have a building safety induction. Please fill in the Medical Building Induction Enrolment form and send it to email@example.com to arrange an induction if you haven't already had one.
This process will take a few days, so get started well before you want to submit your registration.
You are required to declare that you have completed this training at the end of this page
User Agreement Form (UA Form)
You will need to complete the user agreement form. University of Melbourne researchers are required to provide a default Themis code for billing. External researchers are required to provide an invoice address and Purchase Order number (PO is required for researchers from Monash University).
You will need to submit an electronic copy (e.g. scanned or with electronic signature) of this form at the end of this page
Before booking in an instrument induction you will need to complete the following steps:
1) Training Documentation: Read the relevant training documentation (Instructions, SOP & RA; Download here).
You are required to confirm that you have read these documents when you submit the webform.
2) Competency Assessment: Complete the online competency assessment. You are required to get 100% to pass the assessment. You will need to click on the "View my score" option at the end of the quiz to see your score and you can use the "edit my responses" option to correct any incorrect answers.
Please take a screen grab of your 100% score and submit this below
3) Online Booking System: Register for the booking system via this link and request access to the instrument. Further instructions are provided with the training documentation.
Clearing method information
Please provide a SOP and Risk assessment for the final solution that will be used for imaging. This should include details of the following:
1) PPE requirements
2) Spill management
3) Decontamination of work area
You will need to submit an electronic copy of the SOP & RA at the end of this page